One of my favorite healthy #tallerslimmeryounger snacks involves lots and lots of KALE. I know, I know you’ve tried Kale and you hate it... BUT have you tried it in chip form?! Whether you love kale or aren't too sure about it yet, this recipe is for you. Get all the amazing benefits of Kale but in a crispy, garlicy, crunchy… chip! Even my 2.5 year old daughter gobbles these up in a blink of an eye.
Kale is a powerhouse Superfood full of fiber for healthy digestion, chlorophyll to prevent cancer, Vitamins C, A, K and E for youthful bone, skin, and connective tissue and is low in calories. My favorite way to eat kale is as crispy Kale Chips! My Hubby and 2 year old litte mermaid absolutely LOVE them and eat the whole batch before they’ve even had a chance to cool down out of the oven.
Kale chips are the perfect guilt free snack and you end up eating a few heads of kale without even realizing it. I like adding garlic, Himalayan salt and parmesan and if you’re a vegan you can just use garlic. The best part is they only take about five minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook and viola you have a delicious and nutritious appetizer or snack!
- 2-3 bunches of Dinosaur Kale
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- Parmesan, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse Kale and dry as much as possible (this helps the kale be more crispy)
- Remove thick pieces and stems
- Chop or tear pieces of Kale
- Using a large bowl, toss chopped Garlic, olive oil and salt in the bottom of the bowl
- Toss chopped kale in the bowl and toss with your hands so the oil and yumminess covers all the kale.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, watching carefully near the end (these babies can go from perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds!)
- Stir a few times while cooking to help all the pieces get crispy
- Once they are out of the oven, toss some parm on top for a bit more flavor
- Serve immediately!